Paris

Paris
November 2010

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Blog 10

       The content of the course so far has been very interesting.  The movie the Matrix was fun to watch and analyze.  And I’m excited to watch the other movies we will watch in class.  So far I think I have learned a lot in this course.  My introductions and conclusions are really improving.  I am always thinking of a thesis and topic sentence for my other classes, but this class really showed me the right things to do.  Learning how to write an essay properly and cite everything is something I have learned so many times over the years, but in this class I feel like we really break down the concepts to make it easier to write.  The themes that we have discussed so far (illusions, ignorance, bliss, and knowledge) are all engaging topics that can be argued any way that seems fit.


       So far I think my strength on my blog would be how I personalized it.  After the class is done I want to continue to take pictures and write pieces for my blog whether they are poetry or just creative writing.  I love the idea of having my own blog but my weaknesses would probably be updating and editing my blog.  I am not as technologically savy as most people and I’m usually very confused by my own blog.  I think the blogs help me a lot more that just writing papers all the time because it allows us to use our creative side.  Even though the whole world can see my blog, it doesn’t feel as formal to me.  I feel more comfortable knowing that its my own blog and I can update as I please.  I have always wanted to start a blog and now I can use this to show my family my progress with school and my writing. 
       
      My strongest pieces would probably be my essays.  My first essay was very strong and so was my Matrix essay (even though I haven’t posted the rest of it yet).  I am sort of a perfectionist and I don’t like posting my blogs unless I know they’re perfect.  I am going to spend some time over spring break to update everything and make my blog something I am proud of and willing to show everyone.  My family has yet to see it, but I want to make it something my family, friends and professors love.  

See you all after Spring break :)

-Shan

No comments:

Post a Comment